Sacral Plexus Anatomy
Sacral Plexus is formed by ventral rami of part of L4, whole of L5, S1, S2, S3 nerves.
It divide into Two Divisions :-
1. Ventral Divisions
2. Dorsal divisions
Branches Which Comes from Ventral diaisions :-
- Nerve to quadratus femoris (L4, L5, S1): Supply to quadratus femoris, inferior gemellus and hip joint.
- Nerve to obturator internus (L5, S1, S2): Supply to obturator internus and-superior gemellus.
- Pudendal nerve (S2, S3, S4) :- supply to the skin, external genital organs and muscles of perineum.
- Perforating cutaneous nerve (S3, S4): Supply to smallarea of skin of gluteal region.
- Tibial part of sciatic nerve (L4, L5, 51, 52, S3): Supply to hamstrings all muscles of the calf and ofthe sole.
- Posterior cutaneous nerve of thigh (S1, S2): Supply to skin of back of thigh.
Branches Which Comes from Dorsal Diaisions :-
- Superior gluteal nerve (L4,L5, S1): Supply to gluteus medius, gluteus minimus and tensor fascia latae.
- Inferior gluteal nerve (L5, 51, S2): Supply only gluteus maximus.
- Common peroneal part of sciatic nerve (L4, L5, S1,S2): Supply to evertors and foot and dorsiflexors of ankle joint and extensor digitorum brevis.